Assessing information is free for parcels you own. There is a fee to review non-owned parcels.
Property Tax Information
Property tax information is now centralized within Van Buren County's website and is free for all parcels.
Deferment of Summer Property Taxes Request
Summer property taxes payment may be deferred until February 29, 2024 without interest under certain conditions:
1. The parcel is for your principal residence or is qualifying agricultural real property (see additional detail or request form)
2. The owner is at least 62 years old or disabled (as defined by the MI Dept. of Treasury)
3. Total household income for the prior year is $40,000 or less
4. Property taxes must be paid by February 29th, 2024.
5. Additional detail found here: http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-211-51
If you feel you meet the conditions and wish to request a deferment of your Summer Property Taxes, your request form must be received by the Lawrence Township Treasurer prior to September 14th, 2023.
Need to locate contact information? Find the right person to talk to in the offices of LAWRENCE now.
411 N PAW PAW ST
PO Box 445
LAWRENCE, MI 49064
Office Phone: 269 674-4255
Fax: 269 674-4502
Treasurer: 269 674-3840
If you will be burning brush or a large burn pile, don't forget to call the Township offices and get a burn permit from the Fire Department by calling 269-674-8833!
Check out the Events page to find out what is going on in our beautiful community.