The Open Meetings Act (OMA) of Michigan requires notice to be given before a meeting is held and requires minutes to be prepared as a record of actions taken at the meeting. Perhaps most imprtantly, the OMA is the source of requirement that all votes of a public body must be made public.
Lawrence Township complies with the OMA by posting notices of meetings at three locations: Lawrence Community Services Building (Fire Station), Lawrence Post Office, Lawrence Township Treasurer's office door (located at the Lawrence Village Offices). In addition, public notices are posted to this website.
SPECIAL TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Time: 6:00 P.M.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Lawrence Township Board will convene at the Township Office located at 205 N. PAW PAW ST. LAWRENCE, MI 49064 on December 5, 2018 at 6:00 pm.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
Lawrence Township Board meetings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, sex or disability.
Posted November 13, 2018
Lawrence Township Clerk
Weekly Township Update Van Buren County Road Commission
For the week of 11/26/18 – 11/30/18
• Many trees down with heavy snow. Still working to clean up trees, limbs and branches.
• Snow removal and ice control continues throughout week. Snow removal on Tuesday will include gravel roads. They are not yet frozen, so operations must take this into
• 47½ Street over Melvin Creek, Columbia Township, removal and replacement of twin pipe arches begins tomorrow.
• 34th Avenue, Covert Township, South Haven DPW contractor to begin placing two inserta valves in the water main this week, and relocating the 12” ductile water main the following week, all weather pending.
• Opening bids for culvert replacement on 56th Street South of CR360, Hamilton Township, at regular meeting on December 6th Miscellaneous
In follow up to the Township Annual Meeting, the Road Commission is looking for township feedback on draft failed road policy by December 20th. Please provide comments/concerns!
The Road Commission is also looking for insight and conversation from the Townships as we revise our Strategic Plan. If you wish to take part in this revision or provide any additional input for our Strategic Plan, please contact Linnea Rader (LinneaRader@vbcrc.org or 674-8011).
What: Pop-up Scrap Tire Collection | Passenger tires only, rims and no rims accepted | Limit 10 tires per resident | Must present ID with Van Buren address at drop-off for FREE drop-off | No other recycling/dumping services available that day
When: December 8, 2018 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Bangor Transfer Station - 41559 63rd St., Bangor, MI 49013. (North of CR 376 on 63rd St. (McDonald), Bangor Township)
Who/Cost: FREE to Van Buren residents
Need to locate contact information? Find the right person to talk to in the offices of LAWRENCE now.
205 N PAW PAW ST
PO Box 442
LAWRENCE, MI 49064
phone: 269 674-4255
fax: 269 674-4502
If you will be burning brush or a large burn pile, don't forget to call the Township offices and get a burn permit from the Fire Department by calling 269-674-8833!
Check out the Events page to find out what is going on in our beautiful community.